The Materials & Supply Assistant is responsible for coordinating, documenting and stocking aircraft-related parts, supplies and material. The person in this position reports to the Supervisor of Materials and Supply. The position is paid by the hour. The Materials & Supply Assistant is responsible for preparing and submitting reports, conducting inventories, interacting with the maintenance staff, following a loss prevention program, executing timely transactions in RAMCO, ensuring data integrity and accuracy, shipping and receiving aircraft parts, quality control inspections and other duties as assigned.
• Inspect, receive and properly account for the quantity, quality and condition of all incoming spare parts and materials delivered to EagleMed.
• Resolve discrepancies due to damaged parts and any other spare parts or material issues.
• Report errors, damages and shortages to supervisor
• Comply with inventory and warehouse procedures
• Enter computer-based orders, receiving and shipping data in a timely and accurate manner
• Use catalogues, internet sites and other tools as directed by the Supervisor of Materials & Supply to order parts, overhauls or repairs
• Generate reports from inventory control system to accounting
• Maintain inventory par levels and balances as prescribed by the Supervisor of Material & Supply
• Issue parts and supplies to hanger and field mechanics efficiently, correctly and as needed in a timely manner
• Record all transactions, report to accounting as requested
• Conduct perpetual, periodic and annual inventory counts and balances
• File and track warranty claims
• Maintain tracking and inventory loss control program for parts sent to outside repair facilities
• Coordinate logistics related to inbound and outbound shipping and receiving
• Prepare labels and shipping documents
• Place items on shelves and in bins, and remove items from stock as needed
• Promote a safe work environment by maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse
• Observe all safety requirements pertinent to OSHA and hazardous materials handling and storage
• Provide timely notification to the Supervisor of Materials & Supply, the Director of Maintenance or the Director of Safety or any other supervisor of any and all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices
• Maintain expenses within budget guidelines
• Develop and recommend continuous improvements for parts sourcing, overhaul alternatives and comparative pricing for major components
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
• Associates Degree in Business Administration, Aviation Management or equivalent
• Computer Skills, MS Office
• RAMCO or Similar Integrated Inventory and Management System
• Inventory Control and Loss Prevention
• Warranty Claim and Expense Control
• Folk-Lift Qualification
• Commercial Driver’s License
• Two Years Experience in an aviation environment
• One year experience working in an aviation parts room or warehouse
• One year experience shipping and receiving
• Work environment is in a hanger
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Operate fork lift, pallet jacks and other mobile equipment as directed while observing all safety requirements
• Handle Hazardous Materials
• Able to climb ladder
EagleMed is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.